Thursday, January 12, 2012

week 4-5-i'm pregnant

almost 3 years have passed since i was pregnant and delivered imtiaz in march 2009...we thought it's a good time now to have an addition to our small family...since i still have another year to complete my Masters (yes, it's a 4 years program) and recently just passed my 2nd part exam, we need to plan this pregnancy well so that the baby will come out before or early september 2012...this is because, according to my study plan, i'm supposed to sit for my final exam in november 2012..so if i get pregnant and delivers as planned, i can defer my study for a semester (6 months) and sit for my final in may 2013..if i don't get pregnant by january 2012, i need to have protected sexual intercourses so that i don't get pregnant until march 2012 and the baby can be born after my final exam...phew....what a plan!

ok, so that's the plan...so did we work the plan...? boy, it's difficult..with 2 kids and hectic day-to-day life, it's surely difficult to have a moment of intimate time together..we roughly estimated my fertile period and sometimes just missed it because both of us were too tired or the kids didn't let us have our "time"...as a result, i still had my menses in november, december...my last hope, to catch my fertile period in december so that i have missed period in january...if not the plan need to be put on hold until march-april 2012...

so we thought we've missed the chance again..and i didn't put much hope this time..my menses supposed to come on 3rd january 2012...few days have passed and it still didn't appear...ok, i'm not going to get excited yet, it might come soon...but dear hubby started to sense something not right, and asked me why didn't i get my menses yet..? ha, pregnant ya..? ok, let's not just jump with excitement yet...

we need the test kit to confirm...after 5 weeks + of no menses, hubby bought the self urine pregnancy test kit and i immediately tested it...a few seconds passed by...and the first line appear YES! that's it! it's positive! (the second line is the control line)..alhamdulillah...and this precious miracle is expected to be born on 10th september 2012, insya allah...

No comments:

Post a Comment