Friday, March 9, 2012

week 13- imtiaz turns 3


at the beginning of my 13th week of pregnancy, i think i'm feeling better...i can eat well (although i tend to get sleepy and usually sleep for a few minutes to a few hours), and the feeling of unwell had almost disappear...i had the energy to climb up the hill to get my lunch at the campus when my husband was busy with his work to get it for me...my appetite improved and i haven't check my weight since the last check up, wondering how much i gained for the past 2-3 weeks..

imtiaz celebrated his 3rd birthday this week...we had a mini celebration at home with his Masterchef aunt baked him a very chocolaty almond torte..and he loved the chocolate frosting very much...he's a big fan of chocolate, and can finish the whole chocolate bar all by himself...he is still not aware that he's going to be the big brother soon although i kept telling him to kiss and love his little brother/sister in my tummy..instead, he would go to my chest and kiss my breast telling me that he wants to saying baby...

since i'm a bit better, i decided to go to the maternity expo at midvalley after work...my aim was to look for some comfy nursing/maternity bra and that's it...yes, there were lots of people and i managed to get what i wanted and after that strolled through the crowd to look at what else were available there..but it was too crowded and it's too early for me to buy the other essentials...so we decided to go to metrojaya, claiming my RM50 voucher and did some shopping there..i ended up buying 2 maternity pants and tops and some clothes for the kids and a remote control red ferrari for imtiaz as his birthday present...

then it's time to stuff our hungry tummy...i suggested to hubby to have our favorite jusco's assam laksa (since i was too frustrated with madam kwan's last week)...the aroma was so tempting and the taste was excellent, although i thought it was better the last time we ate it 3-4 years back....we did our prayer and suddenly after that i felt like eating some snacks...

went down to get some grapes at cold storage and i thought i wanted to give a try of irish potato chips, but the shop was closed for renovation...sigh...then i thought, i want to have some sushi...can't get it off my mind this craving of sushi...so bought a sushi combo from cold storage (i've anticipated the not-so-nice-taste and lowered down my expectation)...

oh, there was one day that i was stranded in a massive traffic jam for almost 3 hours during the SMART tunnel closure and just imagine how the feeling was (luckily both hubby and i were not working but we had plans to do some errands)...i haven't had my breakfast as we thought of having our usual roti canai near the hospital, so my stomach was empty and i started to burp and burp and i was feeling rather hypoglycemic, my back was aching and i only get to fill my stomach at almost 12...i thought i had rather big appetite at that time, i ordered ayam penyet and cumi goreng from wong solo but didn't finish it...

anyway, with all good things happened this week, i think i've passed through the 1st trimester illness, alhamdulillah...i also managed to meet my lactation friends to discuss on some research project that i'm doing in collaboration with them and made some progress in my work...may Allah continue giving me good health in the subsequent weeks ahead as i need to plan and start on my subjects recruitment for my research and have courses to attend...ameen..

No comments:

Post a Comment