Sunday, March 25, 2012

week 15- up an about, 3rd antenatal check up

alhamdulillah, i'm feeling better each day and i finally regain my strength and energy to do my work...and this week i'm starting to recruit patients for my research project..i'm doing a project on breastfeeding which is my passion...i'm glad that i was able to give some counseling to those mothers recruited in my project..the project is done in collaboration with the Malaysian Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (MBfPC) and i'm lucky to have in the team 10 peer counselor volunteers involved and 2 IBCLC as their supervisors...

my dear hubby had to attend his attachment in UKMKL, so i had to drive myself to work for 3 days...alhamdulillah, the journey was smooth and i didn't have any giddiness while driving and i managed to drive at constant speed of 90-100km/h (usually i love to speed up to 120km/h)...

this week, i had twice breakfast at mamak's near the hospital..had my usual roti canai or roti telur and the ais...yummy...! my tastebud has improved tremendously, no more bitterness taste, so tried to minimize taking asam (fermented, dried fruits and sweets)..

the parameters according to date
i also attended my 3rd antenatal check up with prof J...my weight has shoot up to 57kg (from 55.5kg in the last visit), but that weight was measured after lunch, so i considered that as not accurate.. my BP was normal but somehow it went up a bit when prof J measured it manually...i had an ultrasound done...the feotus was doing fine, we were able to see the arms and legs...the heart was beating strongly, the spine looked normal and then we saw the PENIS!!! it's going to be a boy...! we double checked and it's 99% confirmed it's going to be a boy...and the placenta was posterior, not low lying...

i was quiet surprised as i thought i was carrying a girl...well, it doesn't matter actually as already had a pair - jihan and imtiaz...as long as the baby is healthy and  safe...so now, we have to start searching for a baby boy's name, as we only had in mind a baby girl's name..

we broke the news that i'm 99% confirmed carrying a boy this time, so we made a joke that jihan is kak ros, imtiaz is upin and the baby in tummy is ipin, as the characters in the kids' favorite- upin & ipin...

that's the femur, the penis not visualized here...

No comments:

Post a Comment