Friday, March 16, 2012

week 14- makan besar week

that's my lamb cutlets and kebab..yummy...
alhamdulillah, i'm feeling better already and having such a big appetite...my Masterchef sister treated us to a scrumptious dinner at chef zubir's restaurant, Laman Grill Steak and Barbecue at Shah Alam..there were 11 of us including the kids and we had such  a feast...i ordered the lamb cutlets with lamb kebab but surprisingly i couldn't finish them all...yes, i have big appetite but usually i can only half the plate... nowadays i felt full easily, so just me give me half the meal...

the following day we had a total change, from western food to halal chinese food and dim sum, also courtesy of my sister...i simply love the butter prawn and the dim sums...imtiaz was so surprised to see so many food on the table and he said, "banyaknya makanan, macam mana nak habis?" (so many food, how to finish?).. anyway, 5 adults' stomachs were able to finish them all plus some food were packed home..

jihan is waiting for her event
i also managed to attend jihan's sports day despite having my sacroiliac joint pain and watched her competing in running in the sack and she got the 3rd place and overall her team (green team) became the champion this year...!

i realized that my allergic rhinitis (itchy nose and frequent sneezing and very sensitive to smell) and also my allergic conjunctivitis (itchy, red, watery eyes) became more severe since i'm pregnant...it's very difficult to control and i'm trying my best to avoid the possible allergens but as usual it was difficult because sometimes i really don't know what i'm allergic to..i'm applying some topical medications, trying to avoid as much as possible the antihistamine that is graded as category B in pregnant and lactating women, which means either animal-reproduction studies have not demonstrated a fetal risk but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women, or animal-reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect (other than a decrease in fertility) that was not confirmed in controlled studies in women in the first trimester (and there is no evidence of a risk in later trimesters) - from Safe Fetus Drug Search

so, i guess i have to pray hard that this condition won't become any worse and i'm able to tolerate them well..

picture google-ed
i also started to change my regular outfit to full maternity outfit..and my friends had already realized that i'm pregnant..i attended an academic course and really had fun meeting and discussing with my friends regarding academic matters..i also had the opportunity to attend a motivational talk by the well-known Prof Dr Muhaya Muhammad, a consultant ophthalmologist and an esteemed motivator and she was really amazing..

i also did a meeting with my fellow supermums, the Malaysian Breastfeeding Peer Counselors (MBfPC) who had volunteers to be part of my research project...i really admire their support and enthusiasm to be part of this project..

overall, it was really a fruitful week...my hope for the week after is to have a very good health, as i'm starting recruiting patients sample for my research, to be more discipline and really looking forward for my next antenatal check up at the end of next week..



No comments:

Post a Comment